Decorating My Tiny Apartment for Christmas

Hello, I hope everyone is doing well and getting everything ready for Christmas!  I thought I’d show a couple pictures of some of my Christmas decorating this year.  We wanted to get a tree but I couldn’t find any for a price I wanted so I’ll wait and look after Christmas.  My mom taught me to always shop for holidays after the actual holiday for the next year! SO anyway since we didn’t get a tree I strung all of my ornaments on a garland and I actually really like they way it looks.  I also found these adorable peppermint and red, green and white globe bulbs at Target in the $3 section.

Happy decorating!

IMG_3719

DSC_0048 DSC_0046 DSC_0065

Stuff I Made: A Skirt

Image

I haven’t really had much time to work on anything new lately and was sick all of last weekend, (boo!) but I’m feeling much better now have lots of new projects planned!  I thought I’d show off this skirt I made a few years ago from old kitchen curtains.  I found the curtains at an antique store I used to frequent when I lived in Fort Wayne.  I loved how kitschy they were but didn’t have any windows they would fit on and they didn’t really match my decor so I made them into a skirt.   Let me know if you’ve ever made anything found into something wearable, I’d love to see your projects.  Have a great rest of the weekend and hopefully the weather stays nice for everyone!

-Jenna

Image

Image

Image

Ben thought he was being funny in this one!

Ombre Dyed Curtains

DSC_0192

As I mentioned earlier I am all about dyeing so when I saw some thing similar to this on pinterest from a blog called http://www.vitaminihandmade.com/.  I thought I would give it a try to add some color to my boring white living room. I went with sunshine orange in the Rit dye and bought some inexpensive white curtains at IKEA. I didn’t want to spend a lot in case it didn’t work out.

I got the curtains wet in my double kitchen sink and filled one side up with hot water and the dye. I kept both curtains together at the top to make sure the dye pattern was the same on both. I wanted the top to have a little color so i dipped the whole curtains in for a few seconds and then removed all but about a foot, leaving the rest in the empty sink. I soaked it for about five minutes and gradually kept putting more and more in for about half way up.

 

After I had what looked to be good I rinsed the curtains in cold water and washed and dried them in my washer and dryer. They were a little lighter than I had hoped they would turn out so I bought one more box of Rit, just to do the bottoms. After this time I liked the way it looked. I guess it just depends on the look you are going for and the color, so you may or may not need two boxes of dye. I’m pretty happy with the way they turned out!

DSC_0202

 

 

 

DSC_0197

 

curtains