I made this wall base for my uncle for Father’s Day and I thought I’d share it. All you need is a slab of a log. They sell them at most craft stores or you can get your own if you’re into that sort of thing! I used and old glass jar and bought a hose clamp from the hardware store for cheap. I nailed the clamp to the wood, but the jar in, tightened it, and added a picture hanger to the back. It was that easy! You could also fill it with dirt and grow plants in it.
I thought I would share some of my garden pictures so far from my little container garden on my patios. Some of my plants are just starting to come up this year like my flowers, but I’m proud of my self because my marigolds, lily and pansies are all things I bought last year and were able to bring back from seed. (or bulb in the lily’s case) I don’t always have a green thumb but in the Summer plants just seem so much happier and I’m getting more confident in my growing abilities. After last Summer I know how much to water my outdoor plants (a lot!) and even though I can’t have a garden yet it’s exciting to be able to eat something you grew! I’m trying out some tomatoes from Home Depot this year. This breed is made to be grown in containers, they are named patio tomatoes so we’ll see! It already have about 10 green tomatoes on in so I think pretty soon we’ll be trying to eat all the tomatoes before they go bad, which in my opinion is a good problem to have. 😉
I’ll do an update later in the Summer to see how my progress is going! what are you’re favorite plants in the Summer?
This is actually a shirt I made long ago in high school but I made it with non stretchy vintage fabric from Goodwill, and I wasn’t (and still aren’t) that great of a sewer. So anyway it never really fit that great. I was fine everywhere but the bust. I kept it all this time because I love the fabric and I recently got an Idea on how to fix it.
I took out the side seams and bought some white stretchy fabric. I cut the fabric in to strips about 2″ wide and folded and sewed it into a loop. Then I cut the strips about 8″ long. I made the bows by tying a knot in the strips and pinned them to the sides of the shirt. After I knew how many I needed and had them spaced evenly I could sew them in. The shirt is nice and loose now and has some stretch in it!