This is actually a shirt I made long ago in high school but I made it with non stretchy vintage fabric from Goodwill, and I wasn’t (and still aren’t) that great of a sewer. So anyway it never really fit that great. I was fine everywhere but the bust. I kept it all this time because I love the fabric and I recently got an Idea on how to fix it.
I took out the side seams and bought some white stretchy fabric. I cut the fabric in to strips about 2″ wide and folded and sewed it into a loop. Then I cut the strips about 8″ long. I made the bows by tying a knot in the strips and pinned them to the sides of the shirt. After I knew how many I needed and had them spaced evenly I could sew them in. The shirt is nice and loose now and has some stretch in it!