Hello, I’ve been busy trying to get all of my Christmas shopping done and make the presents that I am hand-making. This was actually something I made last Christmas as presents for everyone and silly me I didn’t take any pictures of all of them before I gifted them, probably because I didn’t have a blog yet, but I do have one left. I kept this little guy for myself to put out.
I had looked at quite a few different blogs to see how they made theirs and after reading about how the ones containing water and glycerin had made the green of the bottle brush trees bleed after a year, I decided to go without liquid. I was worried it wouldn’t look as cool but I was pretty happy with how they turned out, as I was going for more of a terrarium scene than actual snow globe I guess. Plus I didn’t have to buy glycerine!
- Old glass jars with lids
- Bottle brush trees
- Tiny winter animals, cars, people, houses, ect.
- fake snow (mine is from Michaels where the miniature Christmas village houses and stuff is)
- glass beads to glue on tree for ornaments (optional)
- I used bakers string for the jar, you could also use ribbon or nothing at all
- Spray-paint (again optional) I spray-painted all of my jar lids silver because they were from food jars
- Glue, I used my trusty E-6000 but hot glue would also work
I glued the tree and animal to the inside of the lid and put the desired amount of snow in the jar. I then screwed the lid on after everything was dry and voila, It’s that easy! I’d love to see what yours look like so put them on Instagram and hashtag them #peppermintsandhoneybees.